The surgery service at Rivergum Referral Services works closely with general practice veterinarians and other specialists in Perth to provide the best possible outcome for your pet.
The emphasis of the surgical service at Rivergum Referral Services is on orthopaedic and neurological surgery although we will also perform some reconstructive, oncologic and soft tissue surgeries depending on the specific case.
Our surgeons provide a personalised level of service with all consultations performed by Dr Gibson or Dr Hill. Rivergum Referral Services does not employ trainee surgeons so all procedures and communications – during the initial consultation, immediately following surgery, during the recovery period, and at discharge – will be with the surgeon or a member of the surgical nursing team.
Surgical procedures performed at our centre include:
- Tibial osteotomy surgery for cranial cruciate ligament ruptures
- Other forms of stifle reconstruction in patients where tibial osteotomies are not preferred
- Total hip replacement
- Basic and advanced fracture repairs
- Correction of patellar (kneecap) instability
- Surgical management of hip and elbow dysplasia
- Growth deformity corrections
- Hemilaminectomy and ventral slot procedure for acute disc ruptures
- Surgery for caudal cervical spondylomyelopathy (Wobbler syndrome)
- Spinal fracture repairs
- Hernia repairs
- Total ear canal ablation
- Tumour removals and reconstruction
A range of other soft tissue surgeries are performed at Rivergum Referral Services on a case by case basis.
We also offer a radiograph interpretation service for veterinary surgeons for orthopaedic and spinal cases. Radiographs or DVDs / CDs of images are best sent to our post-office address (PO Box 344, Willetton, WA 6955) with a brief history. We are also happy to comment on e-mailed radiographs although bear in mind some image quality is lost in this form of transmission.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 9259 6344.