Neurology encompasses all regions of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. Muscle disorders are also included as these conditions show similar signs to primary nervous system disease.
Common signs of neurological problems include; seizures, balance disorders, changes in behaviour such as walking in circles, cranial nerve abnormalities, incoordination and weakness or paralysis of the limbs, neck or back pain, tremors and generalised or episodic weakness.
The neurology service is run by Dr Fiona Haining who has extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of all types of neurological conditions.
Our neurology services include:
- Comprehensive neurological examination
- Cerebrospinal fluid analysis (CSF)
- Electrodiagnostic testing
- Motor and sensory nerve testing
- Access to off-site advanced neuroimaging modalities:
- Seizure assessment and management
- Neuromuscular assessment and management
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 9259 6344.